1952 wedding photos !

Up photoshoootImage via Cambria Grace PhotographyI've seen my fair share of wedding photo shoots with creative themes, but I don't know if any of them have given me the chills like this. MeetDonald and Dorothy Lutz, both 82 years old. The couple met more than 60 years ago, right before Donald was going off to World War II with the U.S. Army. They remained pen pals, and when he got back, their friendship bloomed into love. On their July 20, 1952 wedding, they were stood up by their wedding photographer.
Sixty-one years later, their grandson Matt wanted to give them a special present: An Up-themed photo shootto replace the one they never got on their special day.
This. Is. Adorable. ADORABLE! Seriously, if the movie Up made you cry, then these beautiful photos of Donald and his wife will give you the chills.
They're beautiful, there's no two ways about it. From Carl's signature red bow tie and small yellow pin to those fabulously large balloons, this couple now has photos that they will cherish for the rest of their lives together. And can't you just feel their love simply looking at 'em? It's beautiful. It warms my heart. To think, this great love started out with a few letters overseas and turned into this.
Photo shoots, they aren't something that couples do often. Heck, most couples I know only have photos of themselves together from their engagement, wedding, and perhaps before the birth of their children. But this particular shoot can serve as a reminder to us all that love is beautiful at every stage, from the very beginning and throughout your years.
I can only hope that I find a love who looks at me that very same way Donald looks at Dorothy 61 years after the day they said "I do."

Credit to thestir